Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 23, 2011

How are the Resolutions?

So, like many Americans, I have made a few resolutions this year. One is to run a half marathon (I might to for a full one, but it just seems a little boring to run for about 4 hours). Another is to finally get my rock/blues/funk/fusion chops together and apply all that stuff I learned at Berklee and never used (for my music friends; using Mmaj7th arpeggios in solos, harmonic minor runs, melodic minor chord scales, etc.). I would like to start trying to really learn Japanese as my next language. I messed around with it in Community College, but only remember random phrases like "I am the Pokemon Master". I realize Spanish is much more practical and probably easier, but I've wanted to learn it for a while. Oh yes, and how could I forget the last and not least of the resolutions: One year, no beer (and all other alcohol included). I am attempting to stay clear from all alcohol for a year. This may be very challenging, especially on St. Patrick's day and the weddings coming up, but I figure if you can't enjoy the fun parts of life without a buzz, thats a problem. So please, respond to this with your New Year's resolutions and tell me how they're holding out so far. Hopefully still going strong, as we haven;t even rounded the first month yet! Lets make this year one to proud of.

Dylan

4 comments:

  1. Amazing Post, & Good Luck With All Of Your Planned Endeavors For This Year. I Hope Everything Turns Out Great For You.

    My New Years Resolutions Are To Get My Clothing Line OUT & Available To The Public, Get My First CD/Demo Out & See If I REALLY Want To Continue To Pursue A Music Career As A Singer. PLUS I Graduate This Year So YESS ! ALSO I Just Want To Do Some Traveling. So Ima Need $$$$ This Year & HOPEFULLY I Get That A Then Some :)I Just Want This Year To Be One To Remember.

    I Hope Everyone Has A Safe & Blessed New Years, & Thanks For Reading My Response.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dylan,
    I think it's great---keep going strong! You can do it! Mine is to be grateful for one thing every day and write it down in a journal. So far, I have done this every day! We should all be grateful for the small things in life!! :) Aunt Dawna...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Von Tae' - thank you very much. Clothing line!? Thats fantastic and no easy task. Singing too? There are a few good open mics around the area you could test out some of your material at. Jake and Al's (side gate of the ranch club) on Thursday, Catamarans (solomons island) on Wednesday, Stan and Joe's on Monday (annapolis) the Whiskey on tuesday (Annapolis).I probably could have put those in a better order, haha. You should try hitting a few of those up. Best way to get good on stage is just to do as much as you can. Good luck with everything, man.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! Thats a good one Aunt Dawna, not easy at all either, keep it up, I guarantee it will make years to come a whole lot sweeter though.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Here!