Total Pageviews

Friday, August 27, 2010

Wakey, wakey

So being employed as a full time musician, a.k.a. being a rockstar, I have an extremely late schedule. Waking up at and/or after noon or one doesn't make you a slacker when you work til' 1-2AM with a several hour drive back home. Anyone who says "wow, it must be nice to sleep til' noon" I would quickly reply "yeah and it must be nice to be able to fall asleep at ten P.M. and not just be just starting work.........douche". Anyways, that having been said, in the event that my blog posts are time-stamped, you may be asking yourself "why, Dylan, why would you be awake at 9:08 A.M?" If they are not time stamped, then guess what? Its 9:08 A.M. Anyways , you may be saying, "Well Dylan that's not very Rock-star of you, my grandma sleeps later than you" Well, my faithful blog reading buddy, its because I am renting from my family (which has up's-like a pool and really low rent and a living space I could never afford on my own......and down's-like being awake right now). And for the last few days and for the next few we are baby sitting some of our relatives little dog. This little dog is cute and fluffy, it is a Yorkie.



(Pwease, wuv me?)

Now before you go "AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!" stop. This dog is not as nearly cute, and for some reason also seemingly less fluffy, when you are awoken at 7:30 AM for 4 days and counting because the dog begins to barking obnoxiously loud outside of your door when it's social anxiety disorder kicks in and it wants to get into your room. This repeated association (Pavlov, Pavlov Pavlov) of "cute little animal" with "extreme exhaustion and unhappiness" will immediately take the cuteness of it down several points on the 1 to 10 scale, possibly into the negatives. The rockstar schedule does not allow for the repeated waking up at a time when you can still catch the weather on the news. It is not a schedule that one should think about coffee and the sunrise and morning rush hour. This should all be slept through, like that skit on Saturday night live when Chris Farley is in a commercial for cold medicine that he drinks 3 gallons of and sleeps through the entire cold season. I should be sleeping through the morning grind; my cold season. But no, I am awash in a sea of torment, sitting next to a happy Yorkie, wagging its little demonic tail and smiling at me.

5 comments:

  1. My dad has two yorkies. One is tiny teacup bitch. Its for the safety of their yippie little lives that I don't live there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. suprisingly my 40-pound austrailian shephard is more obnoxious and emotionally needy than my roommates 2.5 chihuaha. shadow whines high-pitched and incessantly, when he doesnt get let in, when he gets into the trash and knows he;s going to get his ass whipped, when i'm not petting him, when i'm using the bathroom or taking a shower or paying ANY sort of attention to ANYONE or ANYTHING else....bambi, on the other hand, i forget is there until i hear a tiny, bird-like sneeze from a pile of blankets on the far end of the unused couch

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, thats terrible!
    whats up with all these dogs with emotional problems these days? Soon enough, the pharmaceutical market will set it's sights on animals.....doggy Prozac....oh boy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think they already do that... My friend gave his dog anti-anxiety meds.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha...aw Dylan...I know you loved having Cocoa there with you!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comment Here!